1000 Gifts-Week 19
Last week my husband was gone for 4 days, visiting his brother. That left me at home by myself with 3 sick children. And you know what? It wasn't all that bad. We were fine, I was fine. A little stressed out by bedtime on Saturday night, especially at the thought of losing an hour in the morning, but I would probably have been that way even if he were home. Once this would have been too much for me. I'm glad that the years have strengthened me, that I can manage things I couldn't before with ease. Over all I've found my children entirely delightful this week. Which is reflected in this week's list of things I consider gifts.
- Laying next to Little in the dark with my nose pressed against her warm head, breathing in the scent of her soft hair.
- The Girl's grinning freckled face as she gets out of the bath.
- Kisses at bedtime.
- The, unimaginable for so many people, bounty of needing to figure out what to do with leftovers.
- A supportive and loving extended family close by.
- The Girl telling silly stories, her face filled with delight over the crazy details she has imagined.
- The Boy leaning casually against a wall clad only in a pair of old jeans. Muscles ripple all over his belly and chest. I marvel that something so exquisitely formed lived in my body once.
- When we are outside and Little wants me to pick her up she comes toward me, arms stretched straight out at the sides, grinning at me.
- Washing machines.