One Thousand Gifts-Week 31
I've been thinking recently about how much changing the way I tell my story has changed the way I view my life. This list here, this deliberate seeking and treasuring that which is good, has opened me up to so much joy. You might want to try it. Let me know if you do.
- sweet juicy peaches
- the way her hair flips up at the back
- sun-kissed cheeks
- the way we have the swimming pool all to ourselves on the week days
- Little's undisguised pleasure greeting a favorite friend
- the use of a car for the weekend
- the joining of two friends for life on ocean cliffs with the setting sun behind them
- little girls dragging brand new grown up friends onto the dance floor
- the quiet maturity that sometimes settles over the Boy
- how exciting it is to discover together that rays are flattened out sharks
- Little telling her brother and sister, "Me want MY mommy."
- a tidy floor that I didn't have to nag about
- the way a neighbor's child runs to hug me each time she sees me
- the Girl picking lemon verbena to make us all tea
- the fearless way they asked every single person who walked by this weekend if they wanted to buy some lemonade, and the casual acceptance of the occasional no.
- real time status updates from my man on the other side of the globe
- "strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow"