One Thousand Gifts-Week 33
The discipline of stopping to notice and say thank-you for every little gift that is bestowed may be the most life changing of all that I have yet endeavored. Will you join me?
- I walk past the front door again while exercising and there, lit only by the gray light flooding through the door and the candles on the piano is Little, beaming, as the Girl wraps her arms around her while putting on her sweater.
- The Boy's satisfaction with a job well done.
- The Girl deciding to forgive one of her little friends, and running over to her house to tell her so.
- Little- "Mmmm, it taste dewicious!"
- The unabashed pleasure the Boy takes in being told he has done well.
- Candlelit silence in the morning.
- Walks at sunrise.
- The Boy sneaking his hand into mine as we are walking.
- My kids swimming with their dad.
- Well thought of words that feed mind and soul alike.
- The questions my children ask.
- "This is my Father's world. Oh let me ne'er forget that though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the ruler yet."